Moving Tips: Essential Tips for After You Move
Posted December 15th, 2011 by USM Dev
So much time, energy and resources go into moving, that people often forget about all the hard work required to settle into your new home. In addition to unpacking, there are often a range of service providers that need to be contracted.
Finding Service Providers
Following are some tips for identifying quality service providers in your area:
1) If possible, schedule a day or two off of work after your move, so that you can begin the unpacking process.
2) Create a list of the service providers you used at your old residence (cleaning person, contractor etc).
3) Talk to new neighbors to get recommendations for service providers in your area.
4) Use online vetting resources such as: Angies List, Service Magic, and Checkbook.
5) Identify local resources for your area, such as: MA services.
6) Talk to your realtor to obtain a list of trusted service providers.
7) Start with your most pressing needs and work your way towards the least pressing needs.
Remember, if you need assistance settling into your new home, Olympia Moving offers an economical and comprehensive unpacking service.