Moving in the Summer
Posted July 18th, 2012 by USM Dev
Summer is always the busiest time in the moving industry, but this season in particular has seen a significant increase in demand. The following tips should help to ensure a smooth transition to your new home.
- Call Olympia as early as possible to get a quote, and do not wait too long to book your move. As schedules fill, moving companies sometimes block dates with the highest demand in order to manage resources. Dates at the beginning and the end of the month are usually the first to fill up, so be sure to book your move as early as possible to ensure availability.
- While there are several excellent moving companies in Greater Boston and Washington D.C., there are also a host of bad movers. Understand that when it comes to moving, price and value are not synonymous.
- Create a move plan and adhere to this plan in the weeks leading up to relocation. Check out our planning calendar to help you put together your move plan.
- Use Olympia’s moving resource page to help you fully prepare for all the details of your move.
- Remember that effective communication, planning, and preparation are the key elements of a successful move. Be sure to talk to your move coordinator if there are any changes to your move. Changes you would want to communicate to your coordinator include the addition of extra stops, large discrepancies (increases or decreases) in the number of items you’re moving vs. your estimate, the need for additional packing, or the addition of a bulky or fragile item to your move.