Olympia Moving and Storage, founded over a decade ago by Northeastern University graduates with the goal of redefining the moving industry. In order to continue its phenomenal growth, Olympia Moving and Storage, with locations in Watertown MA, Alexandria VA, and Folcroft PA, is always looking for athletic, reliable, self-motivated, customer friendly individuals to join our team.
Olympia’s local drivers drive a variety of straight trucks to transport and deliver household & commercial goods in loose or packaged form for Olympia Moving & Storage in the local area with seldom-overnight work.
Location: Watertown, MA
How to apply: If you are interested in finding out more about the Olympia experience, please contact our HR department at [email protected]
- Active Non-CDL or Class “B” CDL license is preferred
- 1+ years of experience driving for a commercial business
- Prior moving & storage or furniture delivery experience a plus
- Must pass a Background Check, Drug Test and DOT physical
- Capable of lifting 50+ lbs on a regular basis with above average stamina and fitness skills
- Responsible for transporting of household goods or commercial equipment and furniture from origin to destination.
- Actively participates in moving materials, equipment, furniture, household goods, and managing packing and crating of valuables and hard-to-move items.
- Acts as liaison with customer service reps, dispatch, and warehouse staff to meet Olympia Moving & Storage obligations to ensure an efficient and effective service & delivery to clients and homeowners.
- Inspects truck for defects before and after trips and submits report indicating truck condition.
- Responsible for maintaining clean, safe, operating condition of assigned vehicles and equipment.
- Maintains driver log & Daily Vehicle Inspection Reports according to FMCSA regulations.
- Adheres to all safety, OSHA, and DOT regulations in accordance with the Company’s Safety Program and initiatives.
- Adherence to drug-free workplace initiatives.
- Maintains tool kit for the installation, assembly and breakdown of furniture, cubicles, or other items for transport.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Sick Leave
- Clothing/Uniform Allowance