Olympia Moving was proud to move thousands of happy families in 2015! We decided to take a look back at the year’s moves and dig out some interesting moving trends in the numbers. Here are some infographics and observations on our findings:
We started by taking a look at trends among the families we moved in our Boston moving company branch in Watertown, MA.
- Boston-area families seem to be seeking warmer climates, as California, Florida, and Texas are among the top states we moved families to last year.
- Bostonians also look to move to bigger metro areas in states such as California, Virginia, and New York. The high number of families we move to Virginia might also be influenced by our second location in Alexandria, Virginia.
- Most Boston-area moves occur in the summer, due to the good weather and the summer school break. The most popular month to move is July, but due to the influence of universities and rental turnovers, the popularity of August moving days is higher than in other parts of the country.
- Olympia Moving & Storage moved families all over the world in 2015, and 94% of our clients said they would choose us for their next relocation.
We also looked at trends among families we moved in our Washington DC moving company branch in Alexandria, VA.
- The most Northern Virginia families we moved interstate were relocating to the nearby states of the District of Columbia and Maryland. A large number of Northern Virginia families shipped up to Boston and moved to Massachusetts. One reason we moved so many NOVA families to the Bay State may be due to the location of our Boston branch.
- Many Northern Virginia families also looked to escape the cold by moving to California and Florida.
- Moving in Northern Virginia starts to pick up in April, peaking in June.
Are you moving in 2016?
If you’re looking to move from Boston or Northern Virginia to these states, or any other states, we’re looking forward to guiding you through every step of the relocation! Get started by requesting a free, no obligation moving estimate or give us a call at 800.222.4744