Home is where the heart is. You want to make sure that your home is a space you’d want to return to at the end of the day. Decorating it to your preferences is one of the best ways to accomplish that. Here are some tips and guidelines to follow when you have the chance to decorate your home.
Set a Theme
Are you more of a traditionalist? Or are you more of a modernist? Do you like botanicals or the sea? Questions like these can help guide you in finding the right furniture and decoration. There’s nothing worse than a clash of two or more styles. Once you settle on a theme, use resources like Pinterest to find more unique ideas to further customize your home.
There is nothing worse than a break in consistency. This leads to eyesores that will live rent free in the back of your mind until you fix it. Here are some thighs to keep in mind
- Stay within a set color pallet so thing would stick out
- If you’re using wood, make sure the color and grain of it stay consistent (floor, tables, furniture, etc.)
- Use similar shapes. If your home is using more geometrical décor, avoid circles. Vice versa
- If you have dated and mismatched handles, replace them all with new ones.
Optimize Your Space
Balancing your space is just as important as decorating it. Too much décor can lead to clutter. Try out some of these tips to optimize your space.
- Use mirrors wherever possible to give the illusion of a bigger space.
- Paint your ceilings white to give a sense of a higher ceiling.
- Layer different light sources.
- Measure twice so you only have to buy once.
Preparing for a move and don’t want the hassle? Have lots of ideas but don’t have the manpower to execute it? Feel free to reach out to our team of professionals as our crew can make sure everything is placed properly. Contact Olympia for a free quote today!