Thank you for your cooperation as we do our best to make this Harvard University move out as smooth as possible under the circumstances. This site is only for storing items that you will not need to access until the next semester.
Harvard will be providing packing supplies and professional moving crews from Olympia Moving & Storage to assist in moving your items to storage. Please follow the below instructions to ensure an efficient process. If you have any further questions concerning your storage, please email [email protected]
Instructions To Register for Harvard Student Storage
- Fill out the form below to register for Harvard Student Storage. This will add you to the list of student shipments to be picked up by the team.
- Download, print, and complete labels. Use tape to adhere labels to all boxes, furniture, and belongings going to storage. Please note that any box or item without a label will NOT be picked up for storage.
- Pack, seal, and label your belongings in the provided boxes. All belongings MUST be completely packed in a sealed & labeled box in order to be taken for storage. All furniture must have a label adhered to the piece or it will not be picked up by the moving crew. Follow the packing instructions provided at the bottom of this page.
- University managers will inform you off a drop off location for your belongings, TBD. Drop off the labeled belongings you would like stored in this location.
- A few weeks after pick up, you will receive an email from Olympia Moving & Storage confirming the number of items that have been picked up and the billing total, as well as a link to pay online via credit card. Please note that all storage balances must be paid in full in order for storage to be released.
- Your belongings will be delivered directly to your new dorm prior to the next semester. Instructions concerning delivery will be emailed before the start of semester.
Storage pricing is a flat fee for the duration of May 15, 2020 to the start of the next semester. Price includes pick up, storage and delivery. Olympia will deliver your belongings to your new dorm prior to the start of the fall semester. An item is a box, bulky item, or unboxed items such as bicycles, furniture and refrigerators.
- Up to 4 items: $255
- Up to 7 items: $305
- Up to 10 items: $355
- +$40 per item for each item over 10 items
- *Items delivered out earlier or later (at the request of the student) will be priced on an individual basis.
After your belongings have been picked up, you will receive a billing email from Olympia Moving & Storage confirming the number of items that have been picked up and the billing total, as well as a link to pay online via credit card. Please note that all storage balances must be paid in full in order for storage to be released in the fall.
Harvard Student Storage Registration Form
Fill out the form below to register for Harvard Student Storage. This will add you to the list of student shipments to be picked up by the crew.
Storage Label Instructions
Please use tape to adhere to these labels to all boxes and furniture going to storage.
Every box and furniture piece must be labeled. All required information must be completed on the label, including:
- Your full name
- Your current room assignment
- Your student ID
- Your cell phone number
- Your email
In addition, please write your name and student ID on the outside of the box (separate from the label).
Please drop off your belongings at the designated location, TBD.
Harvard is supplying a moving supplies to each resident.
- Book Boxes 16x12x12: use for Books, CDs, etc.
- 3.1 Boxes 18x18x18: use for Pots, Pans, Shoes, etc.
- 4.5 Boxes 24x18x18: use for Linens, Clothing, etc.
- Tape Roll
- Bubble wrap
Follow the below-packing instructions to help ensure a successful relocation:
Protect the Contents
Be sure to properly protect the contents within each box.
- If possible, use the original boxes to pack electronics.
- Use the supplied Bubble Wrap or packing paper to pack fragile items such as china, picture frames, mugs, etc.
- Make certain that items inside boxes are secure enough so that they cannot move around inside the box. Use clothing, towels, blankets, or crumpled newspaper to fill open spaces.
- Do NOT pack any liquids.
Watch What You Pack
There are some items you should take with you, as Harvard does not insure against loss or damage. These include:
- Jewelry, coins, cash, gift cards, and collectibles.
- Items of intangible value.
- Important documents such as passports and birth certificates.
- Electronics containing important or valuable data.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Liability is limited to sixty (60) cents per pound per article and fragile items that were not packed correctly will not be covered.
Distribute the Weight Evenly
To protect the integrity of the boxes, please pack heavier items in smaller boxes.
- Books should only be packed in the smallest boxes (1.5 cubic feet).
- It is a good idea to place the heavier objects as close to the center of the box as possible to help maintain the structural integrity of the container.
Secure and Seal Your Items
- Boxes: In sealing your boxes, you should place tape along each seam of the box. Do not use masking tape or string.
- Carpets & Rugs: Make sure your carpets and rugs are rolled tightly, secured with tape, and covered in plastic to keep them free from dust.
- File Cabinets & Desks: Be sure to empty all drawers.
- Shelves: Separate the shelves from the frame, and tape them together tightly. Store any loose hardware in one of your boxes.
- Refrigerators: Unplug your fridge TWO DAYS before move out. Make sure your fridge is completely empty, defrosted, and dry at the time of pickup. Secure loose items inside of the fridge and tape the door shut. Bundle and tape the power cord to the back of the fridge, behind the cooling coils so it is not “dangling” on the ground.
- Trunks and Luggage: Make sure that these items are locked or securely taped to prevent the contents from spilling during handling.
If you have any further questions concerning your storage, please email [email protected]